Working under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, the LPN Medical Receptionist will work closely with the physician and medical staff to ensure smooth operation of the day-to-day operational, business functions, and clinical aspects of the surgery center. Applicants to this position must possess a current LPN License in the State of Louisiana.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the public served by the organization, including employees, patients, visitors and vendors
- Collect information from the patient when they arrive to the front desk
- Verify eye for operation and patient drug allergies
- Have patient sign all necessary paperwork and ensure complete accuracy
- Instill drops in patient’s eye per the physician’s order
- Effectively communicate post-operative instructions to patients in person or over the phone
- Update patient information and collect fees as-needed
- Verify patient appointments via phone update the patients’ record on the status of the phone call
- Assist patients to and from their vehicle as needed
- Scan all patient paperwork and outside documents into the Electronic Health Record (EHR) to ensure that it is organized and easily accessible, as well as complete and accurate
- Type dictated notes or reports as needed
- Manage tasks assigned by other members of the Medical team
- Manage any Medical records that come in via fax or mail, by organizing and distributing to a member of the Medical team.
- Assist in planning, managing and coordinating patient flow in clinic areas, and day-to-day operations of the clinic to ensure high quality service provision.
- Participate in special projects and statistical reporting.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and professional waiting room, reception area, and other health services areas.
- Prepare and maintain health services patient records in compliance with HIPAA government regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Current Louisiana State LPN License.
- • Graduated from an accredited LPN program.
• One year of experience in a medical office or clinical setting highly desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Commitment to providing the highest quality of care.
• Ability to interact with patients and their families in a professional manner.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of medical records.
• Basic computer skills (ability to navigate the computer, internet and keyboarding skills) and general knowledge of healthcare management software a plus
• Team player who will always step in to offer support.
• Enthusiasm, drive and reliability.
• Responsive and proactive approach to problem solving
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Requires a full range of body motion including moving and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
• Requires sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
• Occasionally exerts up to 100 pounds of force, such as pushing patients in wheelchairs, or assisting into/out of wheelchairs.
• May require occasional lifting and carrying office supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
• May require frequent exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other substances and conditions common to a medical office environment.
- Must have a flexible schedule- including working some early mornings or evenings
Background and reference checks will be conducted. If you are compassionate, have a professional attitude, have good work ethics and understand the importance of providing exceptional service, we would like to hear from you!
No phone calls will be accepted. Apply online only- be sure to include current resume.