*No phone calls please. Apply online only.*
Haik Humble Eye Center is looking for a part-time surgical technician for the Surgery Center of West Monroe (ASC) to begin immediately. Applicants to this position must be able to work very flexible hours, including early mornings. The circulating technician, under the supervision of a qualified registered nurse or LPN, assists during the peri-operative period.
- Assists with the preparation of sterile and non-sterile supplies and equipment
- Assists with the autoclaving of sterile equipment and supplies
- Transports patients to and from operating room and from PACU to the patient's means of transportation PRN
- Maintaining patient care and patient flow
- Ability to clearly receive instructions from surgeon or nursing staff and effectively perform assigned tasks
- Assumes responsibility for the proper care of all supplies. Assist with ensuring that all items that are delivered are accounted for by checking packing slip and counting items. Report any discrepancies to the Nurse Manager.
- Assist with making with distribution of supplies and linens to the appropriate storage facility
- Provides physical safety for the patient
- Assist with making sure patient is positioned appropriately for surgery and connected to the appropriate monitoring equipment
- Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned and works as a team member with OR staff and Pre-OP/PACU staff.
- Rechecks armband, consents, IOL power on every patient entering the designated OR
- Demonstrates cooperative work attitude towards and with coworkers, employees, management, patients, visitors and physicians
- Maintains a safe work environment in compliance with OSHA guidelines and infection control standards
- Adheres to strict Aseptic technique in all aspects of operating room procedures and peri-operative care
- Assists anesthesia personnel as required
- Checks room for cleanliness, availability of supplies and equipment for all assigned cases
- Stays proficient and knowledgeable as to specific surgeon's needs, techniques, and requirements
- Adheres to attendance, punctuality, meal and break time period policies
- Carries out assigned duties in an effective, productive, and efficient manner
- Adheres to strictest confidentiality in dealing with patients, families, personnel, and the public
- Attends in-service educational programs and any staff meetings
- Carry out other duties as assigned by Nurse Manager