No phone calls, please. Submit resume online only. Please include resume attachment.
Fast-paced ophthalmology practice looking for a front desk Cashier with a proven track record of accurate work product in a fast-paced environment for Monroe, LA office location. The Cashier is responsible for accurately collecting and posting revenue to patient accounts on a daily basis while providing exceptional customer services to all guests in an attentive, friendly and efficient manner. The ideal candidate has relevant experience, including at least 2 years medical office experience.
- Check-out all patients. Review fee sheets and calculate correct monetary amounts based on CPT codes and insurance providers. Collect payments.
- Explain all fees and patient financial responsibility
- Collect outstanding balances or make fee schedule arrangements as approved by manager
- If patient has a glasses prescription, ensure that the patient has had an opportunity to discuss their prescription with an optician
- Follow up with clinic if patient has any questions or concerns about their treatment
- Schedule a return appointment for follow-up, as necessary
- Schedule patients for transfer of care and any required diagnostic testing
- Possess current knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 coding, and modifiers and how they interrelate
- Inform front office manager of any missing items at checkout, such as but not limited to CPT or ICD-10 codes
- Informs front office manager if patient satisfaction has been compromised
- Review charge sheet for accuracy and post all charges and applicable payments in computer system
- Ensure that money is deposited at the end of the day. This includes preparing cash deposit and providing copy to accounting
- Ensure that the money collected, posted, and deposited all balance at the end of the day and deliver all balancing paperwork to accounting office. This includes daily edit report, daily balance sheet, proof of cash deposit, scanned checks and printout of electronic batch, and all credit card slips.
- Answering the phone as needed: schedule appointments, answer billing and insurance questions, collect payment over the phone if necessary
- Perform other duties, as required
- High school diploma, college preferred
- Must have at least two years medical office experience
- Experience with money handling
- Proven record of working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Perform with a high level of accuracy under pressure
- Hours vary daily; must have a flexible schedule and the ability to work varying hours, including ability to work past 5 pm daily
Competitive benefits available to full-time employees.
*No phone calls will be accepted. Submit resume online only. Please include resume attachment.*