No phone calls, please. Submit resume and please make sure to include resume attachment.
Busy and growing eye care practice in search of a patient check in receptionist with a proven track record of accurate work product in a very fast-paced environment. This position is located in West Monroe, LA. The medical receptionist is responsible for greeting patients, accurately checking patients into appointments, and updating patient information while providing exceptional customer services to all guests in an attentive, friendly, and efficient manner. They will join a dedicated and energetic team with a passion for patient care.
- Greets patients in a polite, respectful, and cheerful manner; provide patients with clear instructions and directions
- Check-in all patients. Review patient paperwork for accuracy and completion
- Update patient demographic information as needed
- Obtain insurance information and scan paperwork into computer system
- Answer patient questions regarding insurance benefits and payments
- Maintain patient confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA guidelines
- Verify medical and vision insurance, contact insurance companies
- Informs front office manager if patient satisfaction has been compromised
- Answer the phone: address patients’ needs and concerns, schedule appointments, answer billing and insurance questions
- Follow up with a clinical team member if patient has any questions or concerns about their treatment
- Maintain communication with clinical team to ensure timely patient care
- Perform other duties, as required
- Hours: 7:30 to 4:30 Monday through Friday, ability to work Saturday if needed
- Medical office experience preferred, not required
- Proven record of working in a fast-paced environment required
- Ability to multi-task effectively and work with a team, quick thinker
- Perform with a high level of accuracy under pressure
- Interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication
Very competitive salary and benefits available to full-time employees- health insurance, retirement, PTO.
No phone calls will be accepted. You will be notified via email if your resume is chosen for further consideration. Submit resume online only. Please make sure to include resume attachment.